Kang Li , Ph.D.
Head of Biologics
- Former Executive Director, Pfizer-CrownBio Asian Cancer Research Center, Crown Bioscience
- Senior Principle Scientist, Group and Project Leader, Pfizer-La Jolla Laboratory, Oncology Research Unit
- Senior Scientist, Tanox (acquired by Genentech)
- Post-Doctoral and Assistant Professor, UTSW Medical Center at Dallas
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Emory University
- M.S. in Cell Biology and Genetics, Wuhan University
- M.B.A., University of Dallas
Lusong Luo, Ph.D.
Head of Discovery Biology
- More than 12 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Former Senior Director of Discovery Biology at BioDuro where he built and managed a team of over 40 scientists
- Group Manager in Oncology Discovery at GlaxoSmithKline; also held roles of Research Investigator and Principal Scientist
- Post-Doctoral with Christopher Walsh, Harvard Medical School, Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
- Ph.D. from University of New Mexico
- B.S. from Fudan University, Shanghai
Lai Wang, Ph.D.
Head of Discovery Biomarkers & In Vivo Pharmacology
- Former Director of Research at Joyant Pharmaceuticals, where he led a multidisciplinary team working on preclinical oncology programs
- Post-doc with Xiaodong Wang at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Ph.D. from University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- B.S. from Fudan University in 1996
Zhiwei Wang, Ph.D.
Research Head of Chemistry
- More than 10 years of biotech and pharmaceutical industry experience
- Former Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry at BioDuro where he managed a team of over 20 scientists providing integrated drug discovery service for big pharmaceuticals
- Research Investigator at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF)
- Senior Scientist at ISIS Pharmaceuticals
- Post-Doctoral with Professor Carmelo Rizzo at Vanderbilt University
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry, M.S. and B.S. from Lanzhou University
Min Wei, Ph.D.
Head of Molecular Sciences
- More than 12 years of pharmaceutical R&D experience
- Former Associate Director of Discovery Biology at BioDuro where she managed a team of over 20 scientists
- Research Investigator in Cardiovascular and Urology Biology at GlaxoSmithKline
- Senior Investigator in High Throughput Screening at Incyte
- Post-Doctoral with Professor Steve Lippard at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. from University of New Mexico, B.S. from Tsinghua University, Beijing
Steven Young, Ph.D.
Acting Head of Medicinal Chemistry
- 28 years of medicinal chemistry pharmaceutical R&D experience
- Led chemistry research teams that delivered the widely prescribed HIV drugs efavirenz and raltegravir to AIDS patients
- Former VP and Head of Medicinal Chemistry at Merck’s West Point laboratory
- Delivered numerous compounds across a wide range of therapeutic areas into Phase I, II and III clinical programs
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the University of California at Berkeley
- B.S. from Stevens Institute of Technology
Changyou Zhou, Ph.D.
Executive Head of Chemistry
- Former Senior Director of Medicinal Chemistry at BioDuro where he built and managed team of over 50 scientists
- Senior Research Fellow in Medicinal Chemistry at Merck
- Post-Doctoral with Professor Martin J. O’Donnell, Indiana University-Purdue University
- Ph.D. with late Professor Wolfgang Oppolzer, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- M.S. from Chendu Institute of Organic Chemistry
- B.S. from Lanzhou University