Scientific Advisory Board
Ron Levy, M.D.
- Professor of Medicine, Director of Lymphoma Program, Former Chief of Division of Oncology at Stanford
- Member of National Academy of Sciences & Institute of Medicine
- More than 20 years research on mAb to B cells; first to successfully treat human lymphoma with a monoclonal antibody, and went on to make important contributions to the development of rituximab (Rituxan®), for treatment of patients with resistant low-grade lymphomas
Neal Rosen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Member of Department of Medicine and Head of Developmental Therapeutics at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Professor of Pharmacology, Cell Biology and Medicine at Cornell University
- Played important role in developing tyrosine kinase-mediated signaling inhibitors and pioneered concept that cancer cells are dependent on cellular machinery for protein folding
Charles Sawyers, M.D.
- President-elect of the AACR; former President of the American Society of Clinical Investigation
- Serves on the National Cancer Institute’s Board of Scientific Counselors
- Member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences
David Schenkein, M.D.
- Agios (AGIO) Chief Executive Officer
- Adjunct Attending Physician in Hematology at Tufts Medical Center
- Member of the board of directors for the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- Formerly at Genentech, Millennium Pharma
- Served as Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medical Oncology at Stanford
Jedd Wolchok, M.D., Ph.D.
- Chief of the Melanoma and Immunotherapeutics Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK)
- Associate Director of the Ludwig Center for Cancer Immunotherapy and the Lloyd J. Old/Virginia and Daniel K. Ludwig Chair for Clinical Investigation at MSK
- Associate Director of the CRI Scientific Advisory Council
- Co-editor of the journal Cytotherapy
- M.D. and a Ph.D. from New York University
Xiaodong Wang, Ph.D.
Founder & Chairman SAB
- Director of National Institute of Biological Sciences in Beijing
- Former Howard Hughes Investigator, Distinguished Chair of Biomedical Sciences and Professor of Biochemistry at University of Texas-Southwestern
- Member of National Academy of Sciences, USA
- Founder of Joyant Pharmaceuticals, venture capital-backed oncology biotech in U.S.
Steven Young, Ph.D.
Acting Head of Medicinal Chemistry
- 28 years of medicinal chemistry pharmaceutical R&D experience
- Led chemistry research teams that delivered the widely prescribed HIV drugs efavirenz and raltegravir to AIDS patients
- Former VP and Head of Medicinal Chemistry at Merck’s West Point laboratory
- Delivered numerous compounds across a wide range of therapeutic areas into Phase I, II and III clinical programs
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the University of California at Berkeley
- B.S. from Stevens Institute of Technology