Reports To: Vice President of Finance
Bachelors in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field
The AD/Director of Global Procurement is responsible for establishing, managing and improving all aspects of purchasing direct and indirect goods and services for BeiGene to gain the maximum value from our supplier relationships. The AD/Director of Global Procurement will lead the business by coordinating with various functions to ensure seamless purchasing and reporting in our new ERP environment (SAP S/4Hana).
- Direct procurement and sourcing efforts focusing on efficiency, cost control, service and quality
- Lead the procurement module buildout for the parent and US entities
- Assess, recommend, and ultimately manage the team that will administer purchase requisitions and purchase orders, communicating closely with global legal, FP&A and accounting
- Understand, develop and provide leadership for various purchasing activities throughout the organization and global entity.
- Provide subject matter expertise in strategic sourcing, procurement systems and contract negotiation, including the identification of new sustainable & responsible sources/programs for goods and services, while providing strategic benefit in cost, quality, responsiveness, and continuity
- Set and communicate procurement process, policies and guidelines with all BeiGene functions with a focus on stakeholder satisfaction
- Minimize the time and resources required to source, negotiate, contract and transact with suppliers to help our speed to market
- Deliver and report ongoing savings and value-add to management.
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers across categories to foster innovation, drive supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement
Role will be responsible for building global procurement organization within BeiGene, particularly for Ltd parent and US subsidiary.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Outlook, SAP experience Required
Other Qualifications: Minimum: 5-7 years prior domestic and international procurement experience in the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industries
Preferred: 10- 15 years domestic and international procurement and business management experience in the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industries
- Knowledge of and exhibited application of common purchasing and inventory concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with new ERP implementation and go-live situations
- Demonstrated negotiation skills of the highest quality and effectiveness
- Demonstration of solid leadership capabilities at the AD/Director level or above, with particular strengths in collaboration, written and verbal communications, and cross-functional teamwork
- Proven ability to build a high-performing team with a focus on developing employees
- Strong knowledge of Source to Pay and/or Procure to Pay technologies/platforms
- Highest levels of integrity and meticulous attention to detail and process.
Travel: Minimal domestic US travel and travel to China may be necessary