Department: Program Management
Report To : Chief of Staff
Type of Contributer: Individual Contributor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (What tasks are critical to job success?)
- Develop project plans with established goals, milestones, timelines, and budget. Partner with function heads, external partners, and the project team to ensure project is on track and aligned with corporate goals.
- Closely monitor and track project schedules toward milestones and issue status reports, including assessment of critical path activities. Deliver objective assessment of progress and potential risks.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve discrepancies in project priorities, plans, and activities in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for meeting management, including set agendas, facilitate and document meetings, and issue meeting minutes.
- Develop and track project budgets, identify variances, anticipate scope changes, and communicate changes and issues that may impact the current project budget to the head of Program Management, Finance, and other appropriate key stakeholders.
- Facilitate resolution of issues between departments and across functional lines pertaining to project priorities and team dynamics.
- Partner with project team leaders to ensure that the development functions perform optimally within the framework of a specific project by preparing and harmonizing the relevant processes, both in terms of content and adherence to timelines.
- Partner with project team members for coordination and development of project presentations. Prepare and/or present periodic updates at appropriate committee meetings.
- Partner with partner alliance managers to support and promote communication between companies; coordinate Joint Steering Committee meetings; identify, report, and resolve bottlenecks / difficulties with regard to project issues, resources, and processes.
- Address complex problems in which analysis of situations requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.
- Establish and maintain a work environment that supports learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to leverage drug development experience to enable robust and efficient project plans.
- Excellent communicator with strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, including Excel and Power Point. Demonstrated strong proficiency in the use of MS Project.
- Proven ability to execute and perform autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to make sound judgments and decisions. Possess the ability to quickly assess problems/situations and provide effective resolution/solutions.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills (minimum standard language provided)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive work relationships to effectively interface at all levels across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed project deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Flexible, high level of integrity, action- and goal-oriented. Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to summarize/process essential subject matter as well as outcomes of complex information/problems and to convey this information in the form of a brief working report or meeting minutes
Significant Contacts (Specify internal and external interactions)
- Interacts with other employees
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE (Include License or Certifications)
- Experience in biologic product development. Knowledge of drug development functional areas, including preclinical, clinical, regulatory affairs, and manufacturing.
- Experience in Oncology Trials a plus
- Understanding FDA/EMEA trial submissions a plus
Education (Indicate if there’s a preferred degree or specified field of study)
- Degree in life sciences, chemistry, business administration, or finance, with
- 8+ years successful project management track record in the biopharmaceutical /pharmaceutical industry.
Licenses or Certifications:
- A PM certification is a plus
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (AS APPROPRIATE FOR THE POSITION)
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.