Reports to (Title): Sr. Director, Statistical Programming
Type of Contributor (Individual or Manager): Individual Contributor
This designer will work with an integrated team of clinical medical monitors, clinical operations leads, clinical project managers to guide and develop requirements creating complex data graphics using Tibco’s Spotfire data visualization tool to support key strategic data review initiatives.
- Work on complex reporting/data visualization initiatives using Spotfire or an equivalent tool
- In depth experience working with requirements analysts and end users to refine identified business needs through in-depth design reviews and information sessions
- Analytical thinker, with a strong design sense, and understand implications of the various design options available for a given visualization
- Results driven, detailed orientated and work well within a dynamic and creative team
- Experience with large data sets, specifically clinical data, what it looks like, what it means and how it’s used, is highly desirable.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fundamentals of project planning and management
- Drug development process
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE (Include License or Certifications)
- High level of proficiency in Spotfire and other data visualization tools
- Good knowledge of medical and statistical terminology
- Strong background in using MS Excel
- Applications building knowledge and expertise
- Understanding of validation process for applications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific subject, or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years’ experience in analysis of clinical data with a biotech or pharmaceutical company highly preferred; Spotfire programming experience is required
Licenses or Certifications:
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (AS APPROPRIATE FOR THE POSITION)
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.