Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 8-10 years talent acquisition experience, and at least 10 years’ experience in HR
The Associate Director, Acquisition will partner alongside the Director, Human Resources and the Talent Acquisition team of BeiGene to lead core talent acquisition processes and help mature and evolve the practices used to differentiate, discuss, and develop talent across BeiGene. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to partner with other Talent, Programs, and HR Business Partners, as well as business leaders to continue BeiGene’s evolution to rapidly grow our global organization.
This Associate Director needs to be a strong consultant with the demonstrated ability to understand Talent Acquisition requirements and turn that analysis into actionable solutions. A fundamental understanding of business strategy and how to link HR initiatives to business initiatives is required, along with a proven track record of creating and implementing talent acquisition solutions that make a difference. This role requires the candidate to be both strategic and tactical.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to oversee and optimize the Talent Acquisition Process.
- Manages the Recruitment / Selection process and systems for BeiGene, USA
- Designs and implements programs and staffing plans in support of BeiGene’s strategy devised to maximize return on recruiting investment to increase cost effectiveness of hiring process.
- End-to-end management of the recruiting process.
- In partnership with the recruiting team, HRBPs, and hiring managers, develops job descriptions, sources candidates, and drives the recruiting process for teams that they support.
- Pre-screen resumes, complete candidate evaluations, and schedule interviews for key positions.
- Must have the ability to recruit passive candidates.
- Delivers against and provides guidance to continually deliver quality candidates and hires.
- Develops, motivates, and coaches recruiting staff to ensure that proper interviewing, testing, and counseling practices are being implemented.
- Drives adoption of consistent recruiting, interviewing, and hiring practices across the organization to facilitate talent acquisition productivity and predictable quality.
- Develops creative sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill positions, including direct sourcing, internet recruiting, networking, utilization of external search firms, etc.
- Assess internal and external recruiting resources and recommend solutions that will best meet the recruiting demands of the organization.
- Ensures recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures in the pre-screening and post-employment process.
- Maintains current knowledge in business, marketplace, legal, and recruitment trends and requirements.
- Identifies and shares best recruitment best-practices across the organization.
- Initiates and maintains a network of contacts to help identify qualified candidates and increase applicant ool for hiring needs.
- Ensures end-user education and training (hiring managers) within the business.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to gain credibility, engender trust, and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Strong partnering skills, bias for action and tangible results.
- At least 10 years’ experience in HR
- Previous experience as an HR business partner is a plus.
- Ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards action and execution.
- Extensive experience leading recruitment activities
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, marketing plans, policies, and programs.
- Experience using applicant tracking systems (ATS), Workday experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a global environment
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite