Reports To: Senior Director, Legal Operations
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required.
BeiGene’s first Contracts Administrator will be a key member of the Legal team. Under the supervision of the Sr. Director, Legal Operations, they will work closely with business partners throughout the company to ensure the appropriate organization and maintenance of BeiGene contracts and records. The Contracts Administrator will also draft and negotiate basic agreements and help define new processes, systems and controls that will help BeiGene more effectively manage contracts administration.
Contract Organization and Maintenance. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Sr. Director, Legal Operations with selecting and implementing a contracts management system and serving as system administrator once implemented;
- Managing, organizing and storing both paper and electronic versions of all contracts, statements of work and other documents in BeiGene’s contract management and other filing systems;
- Entering key contract information into the contract management system;
- Retrieving and providing copies of contracts and other documents upon request;
- Coordinating the import of legacy contracts to be stored in BeiGene’s contract management and current filing systems;
- Ensuring contracts are executed by business owners and properly uploaded to BeiGene’s contract management system; and
- Notifying business owners of impending contract expirations, obligations and deadlines tracked in the contracts management system.
- Assisting the Sr. Director, Legal Operations with implementing a records management program and serving as program administrator once implemented;
- Supporting the Legal Team to train business teams on relevant policies, processes and systems regarding contracting operations and records management; and
- Providing guidance to business teams regarding appropriate maintenance and periodic disposal of cross-functional documents.
Contract Drafting and Negotiation.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating simple agreements and documents, including confidential disclosure agreements, purchase contracts, consulting agreements, terminations and amendments; and
- Assisting legal team members with drafting and negotiation of more complex contracts and documents upon request.
Policies and Processes. Responsibilities include:
- Helping to draft and update policies and procedures pertaining to BeiGene contracts and purchasing, and facilitating compliance with such policies; and
- Integrating and collaborating with various department to scale and augment contract review and finalization workflows.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not currently have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with BeiGene’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; as well as project management applications such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of professional contract administration or equivalent experience, preferable at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Notary Public or willingness to become one
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional certificate
- Experience with contract management software
- Experience organizing and maintaining a broad variety of business agreements
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
Travel: Up to 10%