Reports To: Liza Heaps, Director, Corporate Communication
BA/BS in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business or related and 5+ years of experience at a Public Relations firm, or Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred
- The Manager of Corporate Communications works to positively position the company with external and internal audiences outside China. The position is charged with implementing communications strategies and is responsible for supporting the positive reputation of the company through digital communications, public relations and other activities.
- The Manager of Corporate Communications will work to raise the organization’s visibility as a global oncology company. Reporting to the company’s Director of Corporate Communications, the position is expected to have a full understanding of responsible communications practices to support of the company’s long-term goals.
- Support the development and implementation of external and internal communications plans to elevate corporate and product pipeline visibility directed at media, patient groups, potential partners and other key audiences.
- Develop and implement social media and digital strategies to support corporate and product public relations programs.
- Provide support to the ongoing maintence and accuracy of the corporate website
- Draft and update communications materials, including Q&As, press releases, fact sheets, interview briefs, key talking points and presentations; manage internal approval process for such materials.
- Serve on internal cross-functional teams that are focused on strategies and tactics for product-related activities.
- Support corporate reputation work, including speaking opportunities, sponsorships and program advertising.
- Coordinate with investor relation department in messaging; participate and assist in investor interactions;
- Support corporate special events such as investor events and press conferences.
- Manage media relations and public relations budget, agencies and vendors.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Outlook