Department: Human Resources
Reports To: U.S. VP, Human Resources
BeiGene is a commercial-stage innovative biotechnology company started in Beijing – and now has a global presence with operations in the US, Europe and AU.
BeiGene is dedicated to scientific excellence, superior quality, service to patients and becoming a global leader in the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative, molecularly targeted and immuno-oncology drugs for the treatment of cancer. We have a global team of 850+ individuals, including more than 400 scientists and clinicians, with deep scientific talent, extensive pharmaceutical experience, and a commitment to improving the lives of cancer patients around the world. By joining BeiGene, individuals have an opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact on the company as well as patients in need.
Three of our internally-discovered clinical candidates are in late-stage development:
- Zanubrutinib (BGB-3111) — an investigational small molecule inhibitor of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, or BTK, that is currently being evaluated in a broad registrational clinical program globally and in China to treat various lymphomas;
- Tislelizumab (BGB-A317) — an investigational humanized monoclonal antibody against the immune checkpoint receptor PD-1 that is currently being evaluated in a broad registrational clinical program globally and in China to treat various solid and hematological cancers; and
- Pamiparib (BGB-290) — an investigational small molecule inhibitor of PARP1 and PARP2 that is being evaluated as a potential treatment for various solid tumors. It is currently in a pivotal clinical trial in China and is expected to enter late-stage development globally in 2018.
Our key internal capabilities include a research platform in novel drug discovery, an integrated global clinical organization, as well as small molecule and biologics manufacturing facilities. In 2017, we entered into a strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation, which provided us with a commercial team as well as marketing rights to three approved cancer therapies ABRAXANE®, REVLIMID®, and VIDAZA® in China.
Our offices, facilities and operations are located in Beijing; Shanghai; Suzhou, and Guangzhou in China; Cambridge, MA; Fort Lee, NJ; and the San Francisco Bay Area, CA in the United States; and in Switzerland and Australia. For more information, please visit our website at www.beigene.com.
Essential Functions of the job
Responsibilities include:The Director of HR Programs will be a critical role within the HR function and will, initially, report into the VP, HR. The Director of HR Programs will be responsible for taking a strategic, holistic, global organizational view in creating and implementing Global HR Programs, Processes and Initiatives. A critical component of this role will be building and sustaining strong partnerships with internal partners including, and not limited to, Finance, Legal, IT and Global HR partners.
- Partner with internal colleagues in assessing the needs for various HR initiatives
- Create, drive and, in partnership with Global HR, implement a Global On-Boarding program
- Create, drive and, in partnership with Global HR, implement a Global Performance Review process
- Lead the creation and implementation of a Global Mobility program
- Lead the creation and implementation of a Global BeiGene Awards program
- Create, drive and implement a US Contingent Workforce initiative that includes guidelines, process, policy
- Provide guidance to the Manager, HR Operations in the creation and roll-out of the BeiGene’s US Employee Handbook
- In partnership with Global HR, create annual Merit, Bonus, Stock communications that can be leveraged by all HRBP’s
- Create, provide recommendations and implementation plan for an Exempt / Non Exempt US Initiative
- Create and in partnership with Global HR, implement HR process efficiencies
- Co-Lead the Global BeiGene Culture Initiative with the VP, HR
- Create, drive and implement US office consistency guidelines
- In partnership with the VP, HR, create and implement a BeiGene Training Strategy
- Create, drive and implement HR Metrics
- Be an active member of the team in mapping out the HR Requirements and implementation of HRIS
- Create, drive and, in partnership with Global HR, implement a Global BeiGene engagement survey
- Create and implement US Employee Referral program that will eventually be launched globally
- Create and implement US employee file system utilizing our HRIS
- Sound knowledge and experience of local employment legislation
- Strong business and commercial understanding of organizational dynamics
- Creative and focused on adding value to the business
- Curious, flexible, able to work in a face-paced, matrixed environment,
- Excellent problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills in highly complex situations
- Ability to effectively set and execute overall strategic direction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very effective influencing skills
- Strong organization development and project management expertise
- Highly structured approach
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Ability to use insightful data to inform decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS applications
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent and 10 years’ experience as a generalist or combination of generalist and specialist.
- 3+ years in HR Operations
- Biotech / Pharma experience
- Experience in high growth companies
- Experience Project Managing and leading a Global, cross functional team
Initially role will not have supervisory responsibilities however, this will likely change as BeiGene continues to grow and scale.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.