Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Bachelor’s Degree and / or relevant experience required.
We are looking for a dynamic, business-focused HR talent who brings to the role a love of life sciences, a curiosity which enables talent solutions and a strong consulting style in service of coaching and supporting leaders as they grow their organizations.
This individual would be responsible for HR support, leader coaching, team building and being a steward of the culture within the assigned client group, in addition to managing a portfolio of HR projects.
The successful applicant will also demonstrate strong project management skills and a track record in balancing time, managing cost, and ensuring quality in a dynamic environment.
While strong HR experience is important we are interested in an individual with a strong passion for the biotech industry, a proactive solutions style approach, and executive maturity that will ensure credibility as an HR business partner and project leader.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Partners and provides expert coaching and consulting advice to senior management and employees to drive a high performance culture within their client group(s).
- Improve manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities.
- Resolving complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers; partnering with extended HR team and legal.
- Develops change management and organizational development strategies that influences organizational change in support of business objectives.
- Develops strategies for workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development, and retention activities.
- Responsible for the rollout of plans with client groups for corporate-wide HR initiatives.
- Serves as a project leader and will be responsible for the design and execution of various enterprise wide HR projects.
- Strong partner to Talent Acquisition and other HR specialty areas to drive creative HR programs and solutions
- 12+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Biotech or Pharma experience
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- Highly skilled at working in a matrix environment with demonstrated and exceptional skills in influencing others without authority
- Excellent execution skills and the ability to translate HR strategy into actionable initiatives
- Previous management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; SPHR and / or SHRM-SCP, preferred
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills : Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with Workday, ADP, or other HRIS a plus
Other Qualifications :