Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports To: Assistant General Counsel
Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school; admitted to USPTO, and at least one state bar
At least 10 years of relevant experience in the area of pharmaceutical IP, with focus on patent law
We are seeking an experienced IP counsel to support our R&D and commercialization efforts as we further our vision to develop and commercialize molecularly targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics. This position will report to Assistant General Counsel, IP.
- Provide IP counseling to R&D and commercialization teams on patent, regulatory data exclusivity, and other intellectual property issues.
- Conduct patent and prior art search, competitive landscape analysis, patentability and freedom to operate analysis.
- Identify patentable inventions, draft patent applications, and work together with outside counsel on patent filing and prosecution matters.
- Build and maintain a strong intellectual property portfolio to support the Company’s R&D and commercialization efforts.
- Draft IP provisions of contract templates, as well as review and negotiate IP clauses in relevant BeiGene contracts.
- Support business development and research collaborations, including due diligence assessments, and advise on contract drafting and negotiation.
- Monitor patent trends and case law developments in major markets, and adjust IP strategies accordingly.
- Review draft publications and presentations.
- Provide litigation support, including validity analysis.
- Manage trademark matters
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion.