Reports To: Vice President, US Commercial Operations and Business Analytics
Bachelor’s degree required, including 10+ years of industry experience.
The Director / Sr. Director, US Sales Operations will lead the design, development and implementation of BeiGene’s first sales operations function within the US. Reporting to the Vice President, US Commercial Operations and Business Analytics, this position will be a key driver in building and scaling the US Sales organization to support the commercialization of BeiGene’s oncology portfolio.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Lead the design, implementation and ongoing management of the services, systems and processes needed to launch and support BeiGene’s first US salesforce.
- Oversee the creation of the US sales footprint, including right-sizing of field functions to support the planned launch of BGB-3111 and establishment of BeiGene’s inaugural sales geographies.
- Collaborate across the Business Analytics and Market Access teams to develop a master data management plan that enables timely, complete and accurate tracking of sales performance.
- Work closely with Sales Training on the development and roll-out of educational materials, sales reports and new systems.
- Partner with commercial leadership to develop and implement an IC plan that appropriately motivates and rewards performance.
- Deliver updates to the sales organization at national and regional meetings and participate in monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Support the Vice President, US Sales in preparation/review of metrics, territory/regional business plans, customer presentations, updates to the executive team, etc.
- Create processes and polices that build a fair and equitable environment across the US sales organization.
- Ensure adherence to equipment, travel & expense policies and compliance with Sunshine Act Reporting.
- Oversee the field CRM system and support its use in enabling sales efficiency.
- Continually research and recommend new technology and tools that will benefit the US sales organization.
- Manage the design and launch of vehicle fleet in coordination with vendor (if needed)
- A minimum of 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry sales operations or related experience.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as sales operations leader in Oncology.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Experience establishing and building out a Sales Operations function preferred.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills and presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to coordinate needs assessments across the commercial organization, and an ability to deliver a comprehensive solution to those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a matrixed environment, and an ability to build solid relationships / make connections across the organization.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to identify operational weakness and implement corrective action / plan.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite.