Reports To: Vice President of US Market Access
Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of industry experience
The Director / Sr. Director of Patient Support Services will lead the design, development and implementation of BeiGene’s inaugural patient support services offerings in the US. Reporting to the Vice President of US Market Access, the Director / Sr. Director of Patient Support Services will play a critical role in ensuring that patients have access to BeiGene products. This individual will be accountable for the overall US patient access services strategy and the performance of patient and provider support services for BeiGene. As BeiGene grows, the role may evolve to take on global (ex-China) activities as well.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Lead the design, implementation and ongoing management of the services, systems and processes needed to launch and support BeiGene’s first patient support services offerings within the US.
- Oversee Patient Reimbursement HUB, Financial Support Programs, Case Management Support and related patient support programs.
- Support the planned launch of BGB-3111 and all future product launches.
- Function as BeiGene’s subject matter expert on patient reimbursement support services.
- Collaborate across the organization to implement support programs that address the comprehensive access needs of patients and practices using BeiGene products.
- Ensure BeiGene’s patient support services strategy reflects the input of multiple cross-functional stakeholders including: Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Med Affairs and Business Analytics.
- Support field teams with strong communication and timely customer service to address patient and practice needs.
- Demonstrate fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendor performance through appropriate metrics.
- Identify and communicate strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs.
- Partner with Commercial Operations to create performance dashboards and interpret hub data to assess market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Work with BeiGene global teams and commercialization partners to implement a consistent patient access strategy.
- Implement patient support services in collaboration with distribution partners to ensure optimal patient experience.
- Negotiate and executes contracts / SOWs and budgets for desired services
- Ensure that all patient services activities are executed in full compliance with BeiGene guidelines.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience working on patient services in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in Oncology.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Experience establishing and building out a Patient Support Services function preferred.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills and presentation and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a matrixed environment, and an ability to build solid relationships / make connections across the organization.
- Track record of successfully managing and leading vendor relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective while achieving results.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill.
- “Customer First” customer service orientation – puts the customer at the center of all business activities.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite