Department: Program Management
Reports To: Executive Team Members
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree is a plus
Hours: 40 hours/week
Over-time may be required on occasion
BeiGene is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant/Senior Administrative Assistant to support Executive Team Members and other department members. The person in this role will need to be an experienced problem-solver with exceptional flexibility to work across multiple disciplines across our clinical trials. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage the needs of many, be self-motivated, and demonstrates resourcefulness in building relationships across the global BeiGene organization.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Provide support to Executive Team Members and other department members
- Manage complex/heavy calendaring, scheduling, expenses, and travel
- Understand business priorities and proactively look for ways to streamline the support matrix as each department head builds out their group
- Understand the need for Contracts and Confidentiality Agreements, depending on business needs, and maintain their lifespan in partnership with other departments
- Build and maintain key external relationships via the core business’s needs
- Build and maintain internal cross-functional relationships along the clinical trial and global office spectrum
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation
- Partner with the Executive Assistants to support a fast-growing office and build out the administrative group
- Have fun at work and helping others to do the same
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience assisting high level leaders; multiple disciplines a plus
- Extensive experience in efficiently multi-tasking between business partners and priorities
- Ability to take on increased responsibility as the company grows
- Ability to independently work in an ambiguous yet fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team-oriented philosophy, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with all levels of management and peers
- A positive can-do attitude; Sense of humor is highly valued
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other technology tools such as virtual meetings, teleconferencing, and various presentation and organizational software