Department: Office of the CEO
Reports To: Chief of Staff to CEO with dotted line into HR
Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience
BeiGene is seeking a Global Head of Workplace Services to create and drive a BeiGene Workplace Strategy while at the same time overseeing all Real Estate, Facilities and Travel on a Global basis. This role will be responsible for leading and managing an internal and external team of real estate, facilities and travel professionals. The Global Head of Workplace Services will work closely with various business units (including HR, Finance, Legal and, among other departments, IT) and company leadership to drive strategic initiatives, as well as monitor and make decisions related to day-to-day operations and transactions. He/she will lead the site selection activities for all corporate offices and new major projects, partner with BeiGene’s selected travel agency, and ensure that BeiGene offices are consistent in their aesthetics and operations across the globe, while still incorporating local preferences where appropriate.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop and implement a holistic Global BeiGene Workplace Strategy
- Create and oversee the implementation of Global Workplace standards, processes, and procedures to support BeiGene in Real Estate, Space Planning, and Facilities Management.
- Partner with global leaders and proactively assess and plan space needs around the world.
- Create, implement and oversee the Travel Policy for BeiGene, and serves as the primary liaison with BeiGene’s Travel Management Company.
- Analyze relevant data, including: operational costs, transportation costs, business incentives, real estate land and development costs, and financing costs when developing the strategy and implementing the site selection process.
- Manage annual Real Estate and Facilities operating budget.
- Negotiate leases and subleases, domestically and internationally, as BeiGene expands its operations.
- Lead and drive the design and construction of BeiGene’s offices including a consistent ‘look and feel’.
- Manage the supplier selection process and provides data analysis and financial models to ensure informed decisions.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors, which includes: project management; design; construction management; real estate / landlords; and travel agency to ensure real estate and facilities program goals are met consistently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business management, construction, or a technical field of study.
- 15+ years of experience working in the field of commercial real estate, facilities management, commercial / industrial development, and / commercial / industrial facilities required. Experience must include leadership of a diverse team of individuals in a corporate setting.
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills; ability to quickly frame complex issues and organize them for action.
- Ability to build trust, relationships, and communicate and collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Excellent negotiation and strong presentation skills, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively with peers, senior leadership, internal customers, and external vendors.
- Strategic and financial analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to travel to company’s facilities and operating sites, which includes: San Mateo and Emeryville, CA; Cambridge, MA; Fort Lee, NJ; Basel, Switzerland; and Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Suzhou, China.
- Experience managing Maintenance, Facilities Operations and travel functions.
Will have at least one direct report
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills : PC Skills and MS Office Suite
Other Qualifications :
Travel: 30% of the time