Reports To: Director and Sr. Corporate Counsel, Contracts
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited U.S. college
4-6 years relevant experience, with at least 2-3 years of experience drafting and negotiating CDAs, clinical trial agreements, and ancillary agreements, both within the US and internationally
We are seeking an experienced contracts specialist to complement our growing internal Legal Department as we further our vision to develop and commercialize molecularly targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics. This individual will be instrumental in supporting the contracting needs of our many different functions, by serving as one of the legal contacts for contracting matters.
- Draft, negotiate and manage a high volume of documents related to US and international clinical trials, including clinical trial agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, and services agreements
- Review clinical study informed consent forms and related documents
- Identify legal and contractual risks and escalate matters in accordance with BeiGene protocols and guidance
- Provide practical contracts support to BeiGene internal clients during contract preparation and negotiation
- Assist in implementing new contracts policies, procedures
- Train and educate BeiGene internal clients on the use of contract templates, relevant legal issues, and good contracting practices
- Assist in implementing and managing contract management tools and other technology adopted by the Legal Department
- Help ensure the contract repository is accurate and up to date
- Serve as a liaison with outside counsel and manage vendors as requested
- Generate reports, presentations, spreadsheets, memos and other documents for the Legal Department, internal/external clients and/or the senior management team, as requested
- Conduct research, as needed
- Complete special projects as requested
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically in accordance with BeiGene’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, policies and procedures.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
Communication – Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions; Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Write clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Share expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and development areas; Pursue training and opportunities for growth; Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Dependability – Follow instructions and respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and within budget.
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, CTMS and CMS/similar system
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal department or clinical operations department in a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company strongly preferred
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical and other relevant laws and regulations and ability to interpret and apply such laws and regulations and policies to inform business activities preferred
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate, as well as to work independently, balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and be reliable and responsive
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities as needed
- Experience implementing contracts processes and technology solutions a plus
Travel: Up to 10%