Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, IT Enterprise Applications
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field/experiences
As part of BeiGene’s Global Enterprise Applications team, the IT Manager of Enterprise Applications will be responsible for implementation and management of BeiGene’s enterprise applications to meet the business needs for global G&A functions within Beigene
The ideal candidate should bring experience working in Cloud/SaaS environments with the ability to manage multiple projects across different functions for a global, geographically diverse environment. The candidate should also be experienced at running IT projects as a business from a strategy, technology, security, process, finance, and people management standpoint. The individual must be able to provide technical expertise and have system administration experience. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of enterprise IT system investments.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Act as technical and/or project lead in the planning, design, configuration, and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing enterprise wide computerized systems primarily for HR, legal, finance and other G&A enterprise systems.
- Collaborate with the project team in the planning, design, configuration, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications including Workday, Concur, SAP and other G&A systems
- Design, configure and implement data integration between multiple enterprise systems along with future strategy towards enterprise integration platform
- Develop global processes to maintain master data integrity and enhance business efficiencies
- Identify infrastructure and security requirements in collaboration with the respective IT functions
- Assess, provide solution options and recommendations to all levels of management
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage projects to ensure appropriate resources are allocated and timelines are met
- Manage consultants to ensure projects and/or required system administration activities are addressed adequately.
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes, addressing process gaps, and enabling automation and growth of the organization.
- Identify and resolve application incidents and requests or refer to other technology groups or vendor when necessary
- Provide oversight and approve validation and/or UAT documents
- Partner with Service Desk and IT Operations to develop post-implementation support structure
- Address issues related to application access, connectivity and performance. Test any fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure issues have been adequately addressed.
- Provide user training and manage user permissions to applications as needed
- Generate metrics and reports as needed for management review
- 3+ years of experience of Workday implementation and/or administration
- 3+ years experience of design and configuration of data integration and ETL
- Strong knowledge of RMDBS such as Oracle or mySQL
- Strong knowledge of HR business processes
- Good working knowledge of O365 and active directory technology and schema
- Working knowledge of IaaS (Amazon Web Services, Azure) PaaS and SaaS architectures and technology options a plus
- Windows Powershell and advance Excel experience a plus
This position may include managing staff; coaching and mentoring of junior staff with training/orientation/qualification and development plan when required
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- 5+ years direct experience managing enterprise applications and/or systems management
- Proven experience in planning, installation and implementation of software solutions, especially cloud based systems
- Networking and general IT security knowledge
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Direct hands-on experience implementing and G&A computerized systems
- Direct hands- on experience implementing GxP systems a plus
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including CLM, HRIS, Financial, Clinical , R&D systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing applications teams (either functionally or project based) in the delivery of application solutions
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong process improvement skills and orientation
- Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment
- Strong understanding of SOX, GAMP and 21CFR Part 11
- Strong knowledge of authoring computer system validation documentation