Reports To: Controller
Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred
4+ years’ experience in public accounting
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our Corporate Accounting team. This position is highly visible throughout the organization and will deal with a broad range of technical accounting topics. As a valuable resource to the organization, you must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills. You must also have the ability to coordinate and manage projects, be proactive and deadline-focused, as well as highly organized.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Help ensure proper accounting for technical accounting areas such as stock-based compensation, revenue recognition, investments, taxes, goodwill, leases, etc.
- Support the SEC reporting process, including 10-K and 10-Q filings
- Take lead in staying current with changes to U.S. GAAP (Accounting Standard Updates) and IFRS, and assist in implementation of such standards
- Research U.S. GAAP and applicable SEC rules and regulations
- Document accounting conclusions in formal memos
- Complete the annual goodwill impairment testing
- Participate in month/quarter end close activities, particularly with regards to stock based compensation
- Assist with SOX compliance and management of material control audits
- Manage and assist with annual financial statement audit
- Miscellaneous projects as they arise
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Other Qualifications: CPA preferred; detail oriented; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; good communication and time management skills