Department: Finance, Investor Relations
Reports To: Director, New Product Planning
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in commercial roles of pharmaceutical industry or life science consultancy
Reporting to the Director of New Product Planning, this position is responsible for developing commercial perspectives for pipeline assets, building revenue forecast and managing product launch preparation projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to establish Target Product Profiles and determine early product positioning
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to understand market environment, patient segmentation, patient journey, key competitors’ strategy and activities, and customers’ needs
- Develop revenue forecasts for pipeline assets
- Support the development of strategic priorities, portfolio strategies, product positioning and marketing strategies, as well as launch tactical plans
- Manage cross-functional launch readiness projects to ensure progresses through the launch target time
- Facilitate global launch team meetings, document decisions and monitor the progress of action items
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in new product planning, launch readiness, R&D portfolio strategy, financial forecasting and valuation, and/or market research/analytics
- Proficient in primary/secondary market research and forecasting
- Project management experience with cross functional and cross geography teams with the ability to facilitate decision making without authority
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills required to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key business issues, and prepare high-level presentations for senior executive staff review
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent learning capability and aspiration for excellence
- Oncology experience preferred
- Position may require occasional travel