Department: Finance and Strategy
Reports To: Lucy Li
Bachelor or Master
Hours: 40 hours/week
Over-time may be required on occasion
The position is based in Cambridge, MA, US. The role will work on investor activity planning, press release drafting and review, and interaction with investment stakeholders to support the company’s financial activities. This role will also take part in corporate communications and public affairs workstreams including corporate communication drafting and review; public relations (news and editorial coverage [white papers, news releases and articles]); media relations (traditional, digital and social). Must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong business acumen and exposure to life sciences and oncology.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Manage the calendar of IR activities, and keep the running log of investor goals and activities
- Plan and prepare for investor activities, e.g. investor phone calls, meetings, conferences, analyst days, non-deal roadshows
- Draft, edit and review press releases, and keep abreast of current and future information flow
- Liaise with internal groups – clinical, research, business development, manufacturing, operations, and all others to ensure accuracy of investor communications and consistent delivery of messaging across departments
- Maintain and update investor materials for use with investment community, e.g. presentations, corporate Q&A documents, analyst/investor backgrounders
- Manage IR website, update and maintain IR databases, including investor contacts
- Support corporate communication workstreams, e.g. maintaining corporate website, drafting corporate communication materials, supporting communication campaigns
- Manage vendors and QC outputs
Skills and Experience:
- Education: strong background in communications and marketing with exposure to Life Sciences and oncology
- Experience: at least 2 years Life Sciences related work experience required, prior investor relations and/or corporate communication experience is highly desirable
- Ability to adapt to dynamic priorities and respond to timelines with a sense of urgency
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, questioning, and driven
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook