Department: Information Technology
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
As part of BeiGene’s Global Enterprise Applications team, the Senior Business Analyst, Veeva Center of Excellence, will be responsible for implementation and management of BeiGene’s Veeva application ecosystem to meet regulatory requirements and business needs.
The ideal candidate should bring experience working in Veeva environments with the ability to manage multiple projects across different functions. The candidate should also be experienced at running IT projects as a business from a strategy, technology, security, process, finance, and people management standpoint.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Accountable for implementation/delivery of Veeva applications to meet BeiGene’s business needs with a focus on regulated functions:
- Define project scope and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Liaise with computer system vendors, IT partners, Quality, Validation and the business to coordinate implementation activities
- Work with the business to develop system requirements
- Define and oversee documentation of configuration and design specifications
- Oversee the authoring and execution of qualification tests
- Oversee the authoring of computerized system validation documentation
- Develop and support the delivery of end user training curriculum
- Management of system operations for Veeva applications implemented at BeiGene:
- Management of system access and permissions
- Perform change management activities
- Configuration management
- Resolution of technical Issues
- Creation of reports as needed
- Management of user training
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes that improve efficiency, address process gaps, and enable automation and growth of the organization.
This position may include managing contract staff with training/orientation/qualification when required.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Must have System Administration experience with the Veeva Platform with a focus on Veeva Vault.
- Experience with other regulated applications, including Learning Management Systems and Quality Management Systems would be an asset.
- Database and computer networking knowledge
- Experience working on SaaS systems
- 5+ years of experience working on validated applications in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment
- Direct hands-on experience implementing and validating GxP computerized systems
- Strong process improvement skills and orientation
- Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment
- Strong understanding of GAMP and 21CFR Part 11.
Travel: < 5%