Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, IT Enterprise Applications
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field/experiences
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our team. Reporting to our Director of IT Enterprise Applications, you will be responsible for the planning, designing, configuration, administration and maintenance of business critical enterprise This is a technical, hands-on role supporting various GxP and G&A systems including HRIS, CLM, CTMS, Clinical, Biometrics, Quality and other enterprise business systems which is primarily Cloud/SaaS based or hosted on-prem on our Amazon Web Services (AWS) IaaS environments
The ideal candidate should bring experience working in Cloud/SaaS environments with the ability to manage multiple projects across different functions for a global, geographically diverse environment. The candidate should also be experienced at supporting IT projects as a business from a technology, security, and process perspective. The individual must be able to provide technical expertise and have application administration experience. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of enterprise IT system investments.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Act as technical and/or project lead in configuration, and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing enterprise wide computerized systems including but not limited to finance, legal, HR, clinical, regulatory, R&D and other enterprise systems.
- Provide hands on administration and management of enterprise systems in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform such as AWS and Azure as well as cloud/SaaS applications
- Configure of integration between enterprise systems and/or third party products via ETL or enterprise integration platform services.
- Develop Powershell scripts for data extract from O365/Azure AD environment
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes, addressing process gaps, and enabling automation and growth of the organization.
- Identify infrastructure and security requirements in collaboration with the respective IT functions
- Manage project tasks to ensure tasks and/or workstreams within the larger project is completed in a timely manager.
- Manage consultants to ensure projects and/or required system administration activities are addressed adequately.
- Provide technical support during the application installation, upgrades and migrations
- Author, execute protocols, perform testing sequences and change controls
- Partner with Service Desk and IT Operations to develop post-implementation support structure
- Address issues related to application access, connectivity and performance. Test any fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure issues have been adequately addressed.
- Provide user training and manage user permissions to applications as needed
- Generate metrics and reports as needed for management review
- Maintain (patch), repair and manage new and existing systems adhering to GxP process.
- Provide day to day and scheduled application support; respond to application support issues from multiple business customers
- Identify and resolve application incidents and requests or refer to other technology groups or vendor when necessary
- Manage and provide system administration support of enterprise applications.
- Liaise with network administrators, security team and application analysts to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Identify and resolve system application issues.
- Monitor help desk ticket escalations
This position may include managing vendors, contractors and mentoring of junior staff
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- 5+ years direct experience managing enterprise applications and/or systems management with a focus
- Experience in Cloud/SaaS environment and core technologies including O365, AWS, Azure and SSO
- Good working knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, LDAP, VPN, Load balancers, etc
- Proven experience in planning, installation and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with server administration tools.
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Strong knowledge of authoring computer system validation documentation.
- Strong knowledge of both Windows server and Linux environments
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Direct hands-on experience implementing and G&A and/or GxP computerized systems
- Strong process improvement skills and orientation
- Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment
- Strong understanding of SOX, GAMP and or 21CFR Part 11
- Strong knowledge of authoring computer system validation documentation
Travel: 5% -10%