Reports To: VP, US Marketing
At least 12+ years of industry experience, or advanced degree (e.g. MBA) with 8-10 years of biotech/pharma experience.
The Senior Director, BGB-3111 US Marketing is responsible for the development, implementation, management, and execution of a best-in-class promotional strategy to support the US launch of BGB-3111, BeiGene’s next generation BTK inhibitor. This position reports to the VP, US Marketing. As BeiGene grows, the role may evolve to take on global (ex-China) marketing activities as well.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Lead, develop and execute the US promotional strategy for the launch of BGB-3111, including, but not limited to: product positioning, message development, multi-channel promotional plan, field tactics, customer segmentation and targeting.
- Collaborate across the organization to develop a robust and targeted tactical plan that enables BeiGene to realize its US commercial objectives for BGB-3111.
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with Sales leadership to ensure that all promotional strategies are informed and supported by field perspectives.
- Work closely with Market Access to facilitate the development of BeiGene’s inaugural patient support programs and services.
- Partner closely with Business Analytics to align on market research needs and implement methodology to assess promotional effectiveness.
- Continually analyze the business landscape to identify customer and competitor insights and incorporate into promotional plans.
- Oversee the selection, onboarding and management of the BGB-3111 agency of record, and other partners needed to develop launch programming and tactical execution.
- Ensure US promotional strategy aligns with the BeiGene global strategy for BGB-3111.
- Develop strong credibility with Sales, KOLs, and key customers.
- Ensure that all marketing activities conform to company guidelines and local laws.
- Coach and develop team members to achieve both business and individual objectives.
- A minimum of 12 years of pharmaceutical industry marketing or related experience (including sales, finance, forecasting, market research, etc.).
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a marketing leader in Oncology.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Experience in highly competitive markets and global and/or international experience preferred.
- Strong team player who can incorporate input from others and can generate consensus through inclusion.
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite
Travel: at least 25%