- BS/BA degree in related discipline and six – eight years of related experience; or,
- MS/MA degree in related discipline and four years of related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Hours: 40 hours/week
Over-time may be required on occasion
This position will be responsible for the coordination and management of strategic clinical sourcing needs in support of BeiGene’s current and planned clinical trials (global or in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in China and Australia), including vendor identification and selection, Request for Proposal (RFP) and Bid Defenses, negotiating contracts, managing outsourcing budgets, vendor performance metrics, and vendor oversight/governance. This position will also be responsible for ensuring quality oversight of suppliers; maximize the value obtained from partnerships with external providers at study, program or supplier level.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Manages the identification and selection process of clinical vendors such as CROs, central labs, IRT, Imaging, ePRO, etc.
- Generates Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals and budget grids.
- Coordinates bid defenses and proposal review meetings and provides analysis to project teams.
- Contract lifecycle management: manages clinical contracts and change orders, including active negotiation of scope of work, payment terms and budgets.
- Assists Finance with month-end and budget/forecasting needs, such as accruals, project budgets, etc.
- Ensures quality oversight of suppliers by:
- Partners with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify, manage, escalate and resolve issues related to supplier performance.
- Measures supplier performance utilizing Scorecard/Metric activities; and communicating feedback to the supplier, encourage adaptation on best practices across supplier types and development of continuous process improvements/ maintenance.
- Facilitates and executes supplier governance meetings and operating reviews.
- Develops effective partnerships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Identify/monitor current trends in outsourcing practices in the industry and specific to the Asia Pacific region.
- Identifies, develops and implements outsourcing processes and procedures.
- Leads and contributes to complex functional or company initiatives and special projects as identified by executive management or business need.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May directly supervise staff as they are hired into the organization
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills : Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Other Qualifications :
Travel: Some limited travel within the US may be required