Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development or equivalent experience
The Senior Manager, Learning and Development position will be responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies and initiatives for learning and development that creates a model for all of BeiGene, encompassing leadership development for managers and professional development for non-managers. They will create learning experiences that enhances and continuously improves the skills, competencies, and expected performance of BeiGene employees. They will also be responsible for an array of learning and organizational development areas, including but not limited to: leadership and employee development, team development, change management, performance management, and succession planning. This position will be responsible for leading projects designed to improve learning and development for BeiGene though design and implementation of customized training curriculums based on business needs. In this role, the incumbent will partner with relevant internal departments, to develop and design BeiGene’s Learning and Development strategy and programs.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Designs and implements leadership and employee development programs to ensure that BeiGene is providing continuous and relevant development for employees, managers, and leaders.
- Drive the design of each of those internal learning programs, including project management, budgeting and communications.
- Develop a long-term learning strategy and roadmap of internal BeiGene trainings for Execs, Management and Employees.
- Provide expertise in management development, team effectiveness, leadership, and performance management.
- Oversees the success and utilization of training programs, making necessary improvements based on results.
- Own the reporting and communication of training performance metrics to all the relevant stakeholders.
- Identify progressive tools and technologies that will improve effectiveness of training classes
- Develops and uses analytics, statistics, metrics and trends to evaluate the effectiveness of training and development programs
- Designs and conducts follow-up evaluation and curriculum improvements as needed.
- Provides management with analysis, trends and ROI on all training and development programs
- Manage complex program budgets.
- Manage ad hoc projects, as requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) with 8-10 years of experience in training/leadership development. Strong experience in building and scaling learning and development programs for an organization. Not required but a plus, experience managing employee training.
- Strong project management skills to achieve objectives within established time frames. Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing organization.
- Ability to make professional presentations and to communicate in writing, through emails and reports, or orally, complex technical matters to an audience of highly technical skills and operational experience.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with employees at all levels and external vendors. A strong team orientation and a dedication to the success of the team’s objectives.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and engage employees in trainings.
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders and Subject-Matter-Experts, vendors, suppliers, professional organizations and academic institutions as needed
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills : MS Office Suite, Windows / PC Skills