Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, IT Operations
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the Site Lead, IT Operations will support the day to day IT operations of the Company’s office in Cambridge, MA. They will support the delivery of technology services that support and improve business processes for the users. Leads service management, customer support, service delivery, and help set technical guidance for end user computing. The candidate will be an instrumental part of the IT team in implementing the IT vision and enhancing the Company’s current systems, processes and technology necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
The ideal candidate should bring experience working in a fast pace environment, ability to work independently and lead other technicians. They should be able to be introducing new technologies and change in a dynamic environment. The candidate should have IT Operations and End User Services background in a Biopharmaceutical company.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Experience with Office 365, especially E3 licenses. Must be familiar with all aspects of O365 including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business.
- Broad understanding of systems operations, systems management, user support and help desk methodologies
- Experience with Voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems
- Experience with enterprise application implementations and/or migrations to the cloud
- Ability to analyze existing contracts and recognize savings opportunities
- Familiarity with networks, firewalls, ISPs, managed modems, and data centers
- A proven track record of leading IT Service Desks, implementing help desk software and support systems, and meeting SLAs
- Experience with a virtualized environment in a distributed infrastructure
- Proficiency with system/data backups and restores
- Experience presenting and influencing across an organization or team
- Sound administration and interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact in a team environment
- High degree of diplomacy and ability to see and rationalize multiple points of view
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
Part Time service desk technicians