Department: Human Resources
Reports To: U.S. VP, Human Resources
This role will be a key member of the HR Leadership team. In alignment with the strategic direction of BeiGene and HR, this role is responsible for leading large scale technical change initiatives requiring both strategic and operational expertise. This role is also responsible for overseeing the development, communication and implementation of the HR Technologies, Operation and Benefit strategies while operating with a Global mindset and ensuring optimal effectiveness, scalability, and return on investment.
In addition, strategically build, direct and lead the planning, oversight and implementation of an integrated HR Operations function. Through strong and engaging leadership, ensure HR Operations partners effectively with other HR functions as well as Corporate functions (IT, Legal, Payroll). As a leader within BeiGene and the HR function, be a role model in terms of leadership, partnership and operating in alignment with BeiGene’s values.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Lead the implementation of a Global HR Information System. This includes the planning, prioritization of the project. This also include proactive communication with key stake holder.
- Partner closely with the China HR team in the implementation of the HRIS
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal BeiGene partners and China HR colleagues
- Lead the review of benefit plans and create final recommendation for 2019 benefits
- Lead and manage BeiGene benefits programs including overseeing the external resource
- Lead an assessment and recommendation regarding decision to bring Benefits in house or maintain same construct
- Lead, manage and develop the US HR Operations team
- Lead members of the US Operations team in the uploading of all US data into the HRIS system
- Lead the Operational components of the Talent Acquisition function until a head of Talent Acquisition is in place
- Identify and in partnership with appropriate members of the HR team, prioritize and implement HR process/operational efficiencies
- Create and implement scheduled analytics and analysis by building and generating reports
- Perform custom analysis and reporting to support HR and the Business Partners toward the goals in continuous improvement of HR quality.
- Responsible for generating HR metrics, while providing insight and analysis on trends to drive more informed HR and business decisions.
- HR Lead for document retention and retrieval including SOX compliance requirements
- Provide required analytics and people reporting data to key managers to support business requirements.
- Implement candidate background check process
- Other duties as assigned
- The role will supervise a few HR Operations professionals
Minimum required Education, Experience and Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Experience implementing a Global HRIS
- Experience partnering with internal partners and HR
- Experience partnering with China in the implementation of HR systems
- Biotech experience preferred
- Experience building, leading and developing an HR Operations team
- Curious, flexible, able to work in a face-paced, matrixed environment,
- Excellent problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills in highly complex situations
- Ability to effectively set and execute overall strategic direction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong coaching and counselling skills
- Very effective influencing skills
- Strong project management expertise
- Highly structured approach
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Ability to use insightful data to inform decisions
- Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS applications
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent and 10 years’ experience in an HR Operations function
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.