Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, IT Operations
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the Sr. Network Engineer will support the Global IT network infrastructure. The candidate will be an instrumental part of IT team in implementing the IT vision and enhancing BeiGene’s current systems, process and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
The ideal candidate should bring qualified working experience in delivering IT infrastructure services and strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. The candidate should to be able to design, implement, administer and troubleshoot in all network layers and have experience working in compliance environments.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Engineer and deploy appropriate network solutions for data center, cloud and remote office networks
- Perform scheduled configuration changes to network switches and routers, firewalls and wireless devices
- Maintaining network performance, identify issues, determine and recommend appropriate solutions
- Identify network technology gaps and recommend and implement network architecture improvements
- Develop and maintain consistency and compliance within BeiGene’s network infrastructure
- Provide quality documentation and reports on network configurations, statuses, updates, issues and network analysis etc.
- 7 years relevant experience in design, implementation, and management of enterprise network infrastructures for multisite or multinational corporations
- Strong experience with implementing and administrating datacenter, cloud (AWS/Azure), and remote office infrastructures
- Strong experience with routing and switching technologies (OSPF, BGP, RIP, MPLS, SD-WAN)
- Experience with enterprise wireless environments and a deep understanding of WLAN tuning, authentication, and management
- Experience with next-generation firewalls, load balancers (GLB/SLB), and VPNs (IPSec/SSL, GRE)
- Experience with secure network practices, techniques and systems across the entire IP Stack.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools
- Experience managing relationships with ISPs and other IT vendors
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis related to hardware, L2/L3 deployments, application behaviors and the IP stack
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco Meraki, and Check Point GAIA platforms
- Experience with incident management, change control processes, operational security and standards compliance such as GxP and SOX compliance, ITIL and NIST 800-171/ISO27001 environments
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.