Advanced degree (e.g. MBA), preferred in business, economics, biological, or medical sciences. At least 15 years of industry experience.
The Vice President, US Market Access will build and lead the commercial function responsible for delivering rapid and comprehensive access for new and existing products across BeiGene’s oncology portfolio. The VP, US Market Access will collaborate across the organization to develop and implement compelling payer value propositions and own the distribution, trade and channel strategy for BeiGene’s oncology products. As BeiGene grows, the role may evolve to take on global (ex-China) market access activities as well.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Serve as an active member of the US BeiGene Oncology Commercial Leadership Team
- Design and drive the strategic plan to build BeiGene’s market access capabilities within the US, including the establishment of payer field teams, strategic account management, patient access programs, trade and distribution, and health economics and pricing.
- Establish relationships with payers, channel players, and hospital systems to develop and implement strategies that ensure patients have access to BeiGene’s products.
- Execute channel strategies to support current and future products. Oversight for channel inventory control and revenue recognition.
- Responsible for the design, recruitment and deployment of a field-based account management team.
- Develop BeiGene’s strategy for Managed Care, Pharmacy Benefit Management, State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DOD channels.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between payers and BeiGene’s executive teams to help identify areas of common interest for partnership to support broad definitions of value and a long-term perspective.
- Demonstrate market access thought leadership and represent BeiGene at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate.
- Lead/oversee the negotiation of approved price and contracting constructs in alignment with the overall market access and company strategy.
- Minimum of 15 years of related pharmaceutical experience is necessary with at least 8 years of direct experience in market access with demonstrated ownership of market access strategy
- Minimum of 5 years’ Regional and/or National account management account leadership and a history of overachievement against objectives.
- Experience designing and building out a commercial function.
- Oncology therapeutic experience preferred.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Global and/or international experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear overview of market access strategy, opportunity and risks for the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong market access talent.
- Strong negotiating skills required.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite
Travel: At least 30%