Advanced degree (e.g. MBA), preferred in business, economics, biological, or medical sciences. At least 15 years of industry experience.
The Vice President, US Marketing will build and lead the marketing function responsible for developing and executing commercialization strategies that support the launch of BeiGene’s oncology products within the US. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Market Access, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs. As BeiGene grows, the role may evolve to take on global (ex-China) marketing activities as well.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Serve as an active member of the US BeiGene Oncology Commercial Leadership Team
- Build BeiGene’s oncology marketing capabilities within the US, including the establishment of individual roles and teams to support in-line, pipeline, market access and digital marketing.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies and the execution of tactical plans to support the US commercialization of BeiGene’s oncology portfolio, including the US launch of BGB-3111
- Oversee all marketing strategies and plans in collaboration with BeiGene global teams and commercialization partners to realize maximal product value in the U.S.
- Partner with the VP, Sales and VP, Market Access to ensure alignment of BeiGene’s US commercialization strategy.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform commercial strategies, tactics and product forecasts
- Provide commercial input on BeiGene’s clinical development strategy.
- Partner with Med Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and thought leadership strategy.
- Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
- Build strong partnerships with external partners and influence commercial strategy for partnered assets.
- Demonstrate marketing thought leadership and represent BeiGene at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate.
- A minimum of 15 years of pharmaceutical industry marketing or related experience (including sales, finance, forecasting, market research, etc.).
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a senior marketing leader in Oncology.
- Experience designing and building out a commercial function.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Global and/or international experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear overview of commercial strategy, opportunity and risks for the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite
Travel: At least 20%