Advanced degree (e.g. MBA), preferred in business, economics, biological, or medical sciences. At least 15 years of industry experience.
The Vice President, US Sales will build and lead a best-in-class sales organization responsible for achieving sales objectives for BeiGene’s oncology products within the US. The VP, Sales will collaborate with BeiGene leadership to develop commercialization strategies that enable the BeiGene oncology portfolio to meet its full revenue potential.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Serve as an active member of the US BeiGene Oncology Commercial Leadership Team.
- Achieve sales targets for BGB-3111, BeiGene’s first oncology US launch.
- Build BeiGene’s founding sales function within the US, including the oversight, recruitment and hiring of sales leadership, field force and sales training.
- Establish a culture that inspires sales leaders to build, grow, and drive best-in- class field sales teams.
- Responsible for setting the strategic vision and sales plan needed to meet company objectives.
- Work closely with Commercial Operations and Business Analytics to establish, measure and exceed field force effectiveness standards.
- Partner closely with the VP, Marketing and VP, Market Access to ensure alignment of BeiGene’s US commercialization strategy.
- Guide and support the US tactical plan, with a focus on the design, implementation and measurement of marketing and sales strategy.
- Manage and build cross-functional process and communication in support of the overall business strategy.
- Ensures that all sales activities are executed in full compliance with Company guidelines.
- Minimum of 15 years of pharmaceutical sales and marketing experience is necessary.
- At least 8 years’ experience managing oncology sales teams and a history of overachievement against objectives.
- Oncology therapeutic experience required.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Record of attracting and developing strong sales talent.
- Expert at creating buy-in among cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
Computer Skills: PC, including MS Office Suite