Associate Director, Strategy
Bachelor or Master, Advanced Degree Preferred
The position is based in Cambridge, MA. Associate Director of Strategy participates in BeiGene’s corporate strategy development and strategic planning activities by providing objective and in-depth analyses of current and future pharmaceutical landscapes, including product performance, market access conditions, research and development advancements, and impact of regulatory policy updates. Associate Director of Strategy also delivers objective insights about the competitive environment of clinical oncology, hematology, and immunology. He or she will be a core member of BeiGene’s business team, helps the organization make optimal decisions, and will develop expertise in clinical oncology, immuno-oncology, hematology, immunology, and business analytics.
- Generate objective market insights based on in-depth understanding and analyses of commercial, clinical, scientific, and competitive information.
- Develop and share up-to-date market understanding and assumptions with internal stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company, identify key potentials or development areas, set program and corporate goals, and device corporate-level strategy recommendations. Focus on value-creation for the company in the current areas of business and adjacent areas. Develop tactical plans for strategy recommendations.
- Drive corporate partnering efforts in partnership with Business Development team (e.g. identify directions, mechanisms of interest, participate in due diligence, drive research and financial analysis). Build and update business/ product models to support partnership efforts.
- Effectively employ primary and secondary market research techniques to accomplish the above.
- Manage vendors and QC outputs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business from a leading institution is required. MBA, M.D., or Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or related fields is a plus.
- Experience: Clinical oncology project experience preferred. 5+ years of total work experience with at least 2 years in strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategy / business development role at another biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic priorities and respond to timelines with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to rigorously analyze data to quickly arrive at relevant core datasets and initial insights.
- Strong passion and intellectual curiosity of pharmaceutical landscape.
Supervisory role in the future.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org