Associate Director, Strategy
Bachelor or Master, Advanced Degree Preferred
Associate Director of Strategy in the US will be a core member of BeiGene’s strategy and business team. He/she will assist company leadership, work closely with various functions, develop long-range corporate strategic plans and key metrics, and drive and implement strategic decisions. His/her role will include leading the development of understanding of industry trends and the competitive landscape, performing quantitative and qualitative analyses on core strategic issues, and generating outputs for executive feedback and approval. He/she will also work on identifying key value-added initiatives for BeiGene’s growth. He/she needs to have solid understanding of biotech business, have full picture view, and be strong in business analytics. This position has a lot of exposure within the organization and opportunities to observe company’s key operations.
- Lead a wide range of strategy projects by structuring complex business problems, completing detailed analyses, developing financial models, synthesizing data, and delivering recommendations
- Develop and share up-to-date market insights and assumptions and assumptions with internal stakeholders (such as oncology, hematology, immunology, product performance, market access, research and development advancements, regulatory or policy updates).
- Develop a deep understanding of the company, identify key potentials or development areas, set program and corporate goals, and deliver strategic recommendations. Focus on value-creation for the company in the current business areas and adjacent areas. Develop tactical plans for strategy recommendations in collaboration with various functions.
- Drive corporate partnering efforts in collaboration with Business Development team (e.g. identify directions, mechanisms of interest, participate in due diligence, drive research and financial analysis).
- Effectively employ primary and secondary market research techniques to accomplish the above.
- Manage vendors and QC outputs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business from a leading institution is required. MBA, M.D., or Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or related fields is a plus.
- Experience: Clinical oncology project experience preferred. 5+ years of total work experience with at least 2 years in strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategy / business development role at another biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic priorities and respond to timelines with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to rigorously analyze data to quickly arrive at relevant core datasets and initial insights.
- Strong passion and intellectual curiosity of pharmaceutical landscape.
Supervisory role in the future.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com