BeiGene, Ltd. and its subsidiaries (“BeiGene”, “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Information We Collect
The types of information that BeiGene may collect and receive from you while you use the Services are described in this section and include both information that you provide to us and information that we collect automatically when you use the Services.
Personal Information: Personal information is information from which an individual can be identified directly or indirectly. We may collect personal information that you provide through the Services, for example, through your completing forms or setting up accounts on the Sites, through an enrollment form in order to register for BeiGene programs and services, through requests to receive marketing materials and information, by contacting BeiGene customer service, or by responding to BeiGene questionnaires or surveys. This may include information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, device and browsing information, such as your IP address, and health, financial and professional information.
Cookies and other similar technologies: When you use our Services, we also may collect information relating to your usage and device, generally from four sources: server log files, cookies, “pixel tags,” and Google Analytics.
Pixel Tags: The Sites may use so-called “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates. Pixel tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
Do Not Track Signals: At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your web browser due to the lack of an established industry standard. For more information about “Do Not Track” signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
THE WAY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We never use or share personal information provided to us in connection with the Services in ways unrelated to the purposes described below without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
The personal information that is collected in connection with the Services may be used in any of the following ways:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, or services;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- To provide you with marketing communications whether about a particular BeiGene product or concerning general disease information;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or programs (such as patient assistance programs);
- To manage or develop our business relationship with you (e.g., to respond to questions, invite you to events, comply with regulatory obligations, or determine eligibility for BeiGene programs);
- To recruit and/or consider you for employment;
- For our research, development, and collaboration efforts;
- For regulatory reporting, such as adverse event or pharmaceutical transparency reporting; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, Site administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting, and legal compliance.
The information we collect from your device is used to better design our Sites. We analyze this information to enhance Site security and to track the popularity of certain pages of the Sites, the success of our email notifications, traffic levels on the Sites, and other usage data, all of which helps us to provide content tailored to your interests and improve the Sites and related Services. For example, we may understand that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Sites, or that Y number of people applied for jobs, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
SHARING YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties with whom we have contracted, affiliates and business partners. We will require the recipients to use your personal information only for appropriate purposes and take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. For more information on those safeguards, contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites, which are not operated or controlled by BeiGene and for which BeiGene is not responsible. The links from the Sites do not imply that BeiGene endorses or has reviewed the third-party websites. Once you have left the Site, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
This site is owned and operated by BeiGene in the United States. However, your personal information may be accessible or transferred to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers who are located in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. We have implemented reasonable measures to help protect your personal information; for example, intended recipients are contractually bound to comply with certain data protection standards. However, certain countries and territories may not provide a similar or adequate level of protection as that provided by your home country or region. Therefore, by using the Sites or Services or otherwise providing information to us, you hereby expressly consent to the transfer of your personal information outside your country or region.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We have established reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information we collect online.
However, there is always some risk of unauthorized access to our systems. You should take special care in deciding what information you transmit, upload, send, or otherwise submit to BeiGene.
In case of a personal information security incident, as required by applicable laws, we will inform you in a timely manner and report the incident to relevant regulatory authorities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. We take seriously our obligations under applicable laws concerning the collection of personal information from children. The Services are not directed at children and we do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our Sites or Services. We request that children not provide any personal information through the Sites or in connection with the Services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING INFORMATION & CONTACTING US
To contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.
We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible in compliance with applicable laws.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. Note that despite any requested removal of or change to personal information there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records.
For purposes of European data protection laws, BeiGene, Ltd. is the data controller; i.e., the company responsible for controlling the processing of personal data. BeiGene’s privacy office can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose not to provide any personal information to us; however, in doing so, you may not be able to use certain Services, e.g. patient support services, or the services available from links on the Sites.
At any time, you can choose to opt-out or unsubscribe from any of the Services or from communications from us. Please just let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed under Contact Us or by using the unsubscribe feature in an email you have received.
Notices for Certain California Residents
California Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at BeiGene. This notice informs you of the personal information we collect and how we use such information as part of our employment application process, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In connection with your creating a profile and submitting your application, BeiGene will collect the following categories of personal information:
- direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information;
- professional information, such as your previous employment and education background; and
- other information you include in your resume and cover letter.
We also may collect information from your social media profile if you create a profile using a social media account, as well as any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with the application process.
If you accept an offer of employment and subject to your authorization, we will conduct a background check which may include access to additional employment and educational background information as well as criminal record information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to and other job openings at BeiGene that we think may interest you, to conduct background and reference checks and to communicate with you about such matters. BeiGene will generally delete personal information of unsuccessful candidates, but may retain personal information in certain cases, i.e., for consideration for future positions or as necessary to defend against potential legal claims.
We may update this Notice at any time to reflect changes to the personal information we collect and how we use it. If you have questions about this notice, please contact the BeiGene Human Resources Department at email@example.com or our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (888) 344-1789.
California Privacy Notice for Consultants and Contractors
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, this California Privacy Notice for Consultants and Contractors (“Notice”) describes the categories of personal information that BeiGene collects about you in the context of your relationship with BeiGene and the purposes for which we collect your personal information. In certain circumstances, vendors such as placement agencies may collect this information on our behalf.
We collect the following categories of personal information about you in the context of your relationship with us:
- Direct identifiers: We collect information that directly identifies you, such as your name, address, phone numbers, photograph, government-issued IDs (such as your social security numbers or passport information), and BeiGene-issued access cards and IT credentials.
- Professional or employment-related information: We may collect your professional and employment-related information, including your work experience and education and reference information.
- Financial information: We may collect your financial information, such as your bank account and W9 information.
- Information about your use of the internet, our networks, and our devices: We collect information about your use of BeiGene email accounts, the internet, and our computers, phones, and other devices to which you have access. We may also collect your information through security cameras if they exist in your workplace.
- In addition to the categories listed above, we will collect any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us in the context of your relationship with BeiGene.
We use the personal information we collect about you in order to manage our relationship with you. Uses include:
- Onboarding and access to our administrative and IT systems;
- Payment administration;
- Monitoring the use of IT and other equipment and property for security purposes, to protect against fraud, and to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures;
- Complying with our legal obligations under federal and state laws; and
Our own internal business purposes, including performing analytics and applying algorithms to discover ways to improve our business, identify trends in our workforce, and enhance our service offerings.