Mapping our History, Building a
From our start in Beijing with a handful of scientists and developers, each committed to discovering new oncology treatments, improving access focused on helping patients in China...
...To today, with a global team, a rich pipeline, strong partnerships, and commercial products.
We have no borders.
Except as otherwise indicated, products have not been approved for marketing and their safety and efficacy have not been established in any jurisdiction.
- BeiGene starts as a research and development company based in Beijing
- BeiGene builds its research center in Beijing
- Established the R&D center in Beijing
- Began small molecule development projects and grew team to 100+
- Built monoclonal research team
- Entered into a collaboration with Merck Serono for lifirafenib and pamiparib
- Began conducting clinical trials in Australia
- Started clinical trials of pamiparib and zanubrutinib in Australia
- Started clinical trials in China
- Opened first U.S. office
- First China biotech to go public on the Nasdaq, reopened IPO window after it shut in late 2015
- Built Suzhou manufacturing facility
- Began first global Phase 3 registrational trial of zanubrutinib
- Approximately 30 clinical trials in progress, clinical team of 300
- Entered global strategic immuno-oncology collaboration with Celgene for tislelizumab; absorbed Celgene’s commercial team and VIDAZA®, REVLIMID®, and ABRAXANE® products in China
- Broke ground on state-of-the-art commercial-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Guangzhou
- Completed agreement with Mirati Therapeutics for development rights to sitravatinib in Asia (except Japan), Australia, and New Zealand
- Completed dual primary listing on HKEX
- Announced commercial availability of VIDAZA1 in China, and the approval of REVLIMID2 for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma
- ABRAXANE3 included in the provincial reimbursement drug list in Jiangsu and critical illness insurance in Zhejiang
- Secured National Reimbursement for VIDAZA and REVLIMID in China
REVLIMID®, VIDAZA®, and ABRAXANE® are registered trademarks of Celgene Corporation.
1VIDAZA was approved in China in April 2017 for the treatment of intermediate-2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic myelomonocyte leukemia, and acute myeloid leukemia 20% to 30% blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia.
2REVLIMID was approved in China in 2013 for the treatment of multiple myeloma, or MM, in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients who have received at least one prior therapy. On February 2, 2018, REVLIMID was approved in China for a new indication for the treatment of MM in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients with previously untreated MM who are not eligible for transplant.
3ABRAXANE was approved in China in 2009 for metastatic breast cancer after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within six months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated.
We’re a dynamic company, with a bold vision and bright future. We’re looking for highly motivated colleagues who can collaborate with us as we build a company that will have a lasting impact in the global fight against cancer.
Our focus is on molecularly-targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics as both monotherapies and for use in combination treatments to have a meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients.