Mapping our History, Building a
From our start in Beijing with a handful of scientists and developers, each committed to discovering new oncology treatments, improving access focused on helping patients in China...
To today, with a global team, a rich pipeline, strong partnerships, and commercial products.
We have no borders.
Except as otherwise indicated, products have not been approved for marketing and their safety and efficacy have not been established in any jurisdiction.
- BeiGene was founded as a research and development company
- Established the first R&D center in Beijing
- Initiated PARP and RAF discovery programs
- Initiated PD-1 and BTK discovery programs
- Began clinical development of lifirafenib in Australia
- Began clinical development of pamiparib and zanubrutinib in Australia
- Began clinical development in China
- Expanded into the U.S. with the first office established in Cambridge, MA
- Became the first biotech to go public on Nasdaq in 2016 after a months-long offering freeze with a $182 million IPO
- Initiated the first global Phase 3 registrational trial of zanubrutinib
- Entered a global strategic immuno-oncology collaboration with Celgene (now Bristol Myers Squibb) on tislelizumab
- Transformed into a commercial-stage company by absorbing Celgene’s commercial operation in China
- Completed construction of the Suzhou multi-functional manufacturing facility
- Completed dual primary listing on Hong Kong Stock Exchange with a $902 million IPO
- Expanded into Europe with opening of the Basel office
- Secured national reimbursement in China for both Revlimid® and Vidaza®*
- Received the first FDA approval for BRUKINSA® (zanubrutinib)
- Received the first approval for tislelizumab in China
- Entered a global strategic oncology collaboration with Amgen
- Completed the first plant of the Guangzhou biologics manufacturing facility
- Established BeiGene Suzhou Research Institute
- Received the first approvals for BRUKINSA® in China
- Received the second approval for tislelizumab in China
- Completed a registered direct offering of approx. $2.07 billion
- Secured national reimbursement in China for tislelizumab, BRUKINSA®, and XGEVA®**
- Established the Shanghai R&D center
- Entered a global strategic collaboration with Novartis
- Received the third approval for tislelizumab in China
*REVLIMID® and VIDAZA® are registered trademarks of Celgene Corporation.
**XGEVA® is a registered trademark of Amgen.
1REVLIMID® was approved in China in 2013 for the treatment of multiple myeloma, or MM, in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients who have received at least one prior therapy. On February 2, 2018, REVLIMID® was approved in China for a new indication for the treatment of MM in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients with previously untreated MM who are not eligible for transplant.
2VIDAZA® was approved in China in April 2017 for the treatment of intermediate-2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic myelomonocyte leukemia, and acute myeloid leukemia 20% to 30% blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia.
We’re a dynamic company, with a bold vision and bright future. We’re looking for highly motivated colleagues who can collaborate with us as we build a company that will have a lasting impact in the global fight against cancer.
Our focus is on molecularly-targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics as both monotherapies and for use in combination treatments to have a meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients.