Mapping our History, Building a
From our start in Beijing with a handful of scientists and developers, each committed to discovering new oncology treatments, improving access focused on helping patients in China...
To today, with a global team, a rich pipeline, strong partnerships, and commercial products.
We have no borders.
Except as otherwise indicated, products have not been approved for marketing and their safety and efficacy have not been established in any jurisdiction.
- Founded in Beijing as a research and development company
- Established the first R&D center in Beijing
- Initiated PARP and RAF discovery programs
- Grew team to 100+
- Initiated PD-1 and BTK discovery programs
- Started clinical trials of lifirafenib
- Started clinical trials of pamiparib and zanubrutinib
- Started clinical trials in China
- Opened the first U.S. office in the Boston area
- Became the first Chinese-born biotech to go public on the Nasdaq with a $182 million IPO, reopened IPO window after it shut in late 2015
- Built Suzhou manufacturing facility
- Began first global Phase 3 registrational trial of zanubrutinib
- Entered global strategic immuno-oncology collaboration with Celgene for tislelizumab
- Absorbed Celgene’s commercial team in China
- Broke ground on state-of-the-art commercial-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Guangzhou
- Completed dual primary listing on HKEX with a $902 million IPO
- Expanded into Europe by opening the Basel office
- All three NDAs in China were accepted and granted priority review
- In China, REVLIMID2 received approval in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma; VIDAZA1 became commercially available; both secured National Reimbursement
- Formed three strategic partnerships including Mirati Therapeutics, Zymeworks Inc., and MEI Pharma
- Received first FDA approval for BRUKINSA™ (zanubrutinib)
- Received first approval for tislelizumab in China
- Announced a global strategic collaboration with Amgen
- Founded BeiGene Suzhou Research Institute
- Completed the initial phase of BeiGene Guangzhou Bio-Manufacturing Base
REVLIMID®, VIDAZA®, and ABRAXANE® are registered trademarks of Celgene Corporation.
1VIDAZA was approved in China in April 2017 for the treatment of intermediate-2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic myelomonocyte leukemia, and acute myeloid leukemia 20% to 30% blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia.
2REVLIMID was approved in China in 2013 for the treatment of multiple myeloma, or MM, in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients who have received at least one prior therapy. On February 2, 2018, REVLIMID was approved in China for a new indication for the treatment of MM in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients with previously untreated MM who are not eligible for transplant.
3ABRAXANE was approved in China in 2009 for metastatic breast cancer after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within six months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated.
We’re a dynamic company, with a bold vision and bright future. We’re looking for highly motivated colleagues who can collaborate with us as we build a company that will have a lasting impact in the global fight against cancer.
Our focus is on molecularly-targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics as both monotherapies and for use in combination treatments to have a meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients.