Mapping our History, Building a
From our start in Beijing with a handful of scientists and developers, each committed to discovering new oncology treatments, improving access focused on helping patients in China...
To today, with a global team, a rich pipeline, strong partnerships, and commercial products.
We have no borders.
Except as otherwise indicated, products have not been approved for marketing and their safety and efficacy have not been established in any jurisdiction.
- BeiGene was founded as a research and development company
- Established the first R&D center in Beijing
- Initiated PARP and RAF discovery programs
- Initiated PD-1 and BTK discovery programs
- Began clinical development of lifirafenib in Australia
- Began clinical development of pamiparib and zanubrutinib in Australia
- Began clinical development in China
- Expanded into the U.S. with the first office established in Cambridge, MA
- Became the first Chinese-born biotech to go public on Nasdaq with a $182 million IPO
- Completed construction of the Suzhou small molecule manufacturing facility
- Initiated the first global Phase 3 registrational trial of zanubrutinib
- Entered global strategic immuno-oncology collaboration with Celgene on tislelizumab
- Absorbed Celgene’s commercial operation in China
- Established first European office in Switzerland
- Completed dual primary listing on Hong Kong Stock Exchange with a $902 million IPO
- Expanded into Europe with opening of the Basel office
- Secured National Reimbursement in China for both Revlimid® and Vidaza®
- Received first FDA approval for BRUKINSA® (zanubrutinib)
- Received first approval for tislelizumab in China
- Entered a global strategic collaboration with Amgen
- Completed the initial phase of BeiGene Guangzhou Bio-Manufacturing Base
- Established BeiGene Suzhou Research Institute
- Received first approvals for BRUKINSA® in China
- Received additional approvals for tislelizumab in China
- Completed a registered direct offering of approx. $2.07 billion
- Submitted the first new drug application for pamiparib in China
REVLIMID®, VIDAZA®, and ABRAXANE® are registered trademarks of Celgene Corporation.
1VIDAZA was approved in China in April 2017 for the treatment of intermediate-2 and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic myelomonocyte leukemia, and acute myeloid leukemia 20% to 30% blasts and multi-lineage dysplasia.
2REVLIMID was approved in China in 2013 for the treatment of multiple myeloma, or MM, in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients who have received at least one prior therapy. On February 2, 2018, REVLIMID was approved in China for a new indication for the treatment of MM in combination with dexamethasone in adult patients with previously untreated MM who are not eligible for transplant.
3ABRAXANE was approved in China in 2009 for metastatic breast cancer after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within six months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated.
We’re a dynamic company, with a bold vision and bright future. We’re looking for highly motivated colleagues who can collaborate with us as we build a company that will have a lasting impact in the global fight against cancer.
Our focus is on molecularly-targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics as both monotherapies and for use in combination treatments to have a meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients.