Assocate Director, Clinical Operations
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or healthcare discipline preferred with minimum of 7 years progressive experience in clinical operations preferably within the biotech, pharmaceutical, CRO
- Solid leadership and management experience in the industry
- Manage indirect and direct reports, external partners, consultants, vendors and external budget to ensure the timely and cost-effective implementation of clinical trials.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to assigned staff, as well as, ensuring growth and development of direct reports
- Manage assessment of CROs and preferred vendors for implementation of clinical development plan.
- Support in the review and approval of contracts and/or work order changes prior to submission to senior management for approval.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with functional area peers including Drug Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, as well as thought leaders in order to meet program objectives and support achievement of goals.
- Supports team with ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the study synopsis, protocol, case report and informed consent forms, clinical study reports and investigator brochure.
- Leads or co-lead aspects of a particular clinical study and demonstrates a high level of knowledge of clinical operations’ methodologies, organizational, project management and leadership capabilities
- Direct oversight of strategic partners, including CROs and other vendors, to ensure study plans, timelines, and budgets are aligned with study objectives and standards
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of methodologies and approaches, ensures alignment of clinical project goals with Clinical Operations program objectives
- Lead or co-Lead program initiatives to support Global Clinical Operations Development Operations expand as an organization
- Supports the development of department initiatives, including acting as lead on the development /definition of certain SOPs and processes
- Ensures that an overarching trial cross-functional quality plan is in place
- Provides oversight and guidance to team on managing the creation, maintenance and close out of TMF activities – e.g. manages Central Lab and ancillary vendors such as IVRS selection, set-up, conduct, and close-out for BeiGene studies.
- Adheres to Clinical Operations processes and SOPs
- Escalation point person to Program lead when necessary.
- Ensures the coordination of relevant and timely exchange of information / materials (e.g., patient enrollment, site selection, and data collection) with other BeiGene functions (primarily those represented on CST) to support clinical trials delivery within the drug development process
- Supports COM when needed with timely and efficient database lock by ensuring monitoring plans are in place and by participating in data review / reconciliation efforts, oversee that query resolution is completed according to study specifications and that sites are responsive to vendor to meet the deliverable
- Liaises with strategic clinical sourcing when needed to ensure that external partnerships (e.g. CRO) are effectively supporting clinical trials, within contracted terms including budget; is the primary point of contact for CRO partners
- Oversees the administration of invoice reconciliation, scoping, and change orders, for clinical trial operations
- Supports COM with clinical trial management; ensures that clinical trials are operationally feasible while understanding the external landscape, including a focus on KOL activity and the competitive Leads cross functional team to ensure timely activation of clinical trials; including risk management and problem-solving
- Proactively identifies, negotiates and brokers solutions to individual clinical study issues
- Delegates and oversees the management of certain aspects of project management to COM or CTA CTA staff to ensure clinical studies at a project level are executed within specified time, quality and cost parameters.
- Ensures the competencies and skills required for the Clinical team is consistent with the company defined requirements
- Mentor junior team members to support development by delegating responsibilities, overseeing and supporting development plans
- Conduct mid-year and year end performance appraisals for direct reports which includes providing constructive feedback
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Computer Skills: Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
Other Qualifications: Strong written and verbal communication skills
Travel: May be required (10% - 15%)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org